Dental Implants That Look and Feel Like Natural Teeth are Possible
Whether you are missing a single tooth or multiple teeth, the loss has impacted your quality of life severely. Dental implants can make you smile again.
From being unable to chew and enjoy certain foods to the embarrassment in social situations when you cannot smile because of your teeth. A damaged smile can affect a person’s self-esteem and confidence, but it can do something much worse too: promote further bone loss.
If your jaw continues to lose bone structure, your ability to chew becomes even harder, and your face shape could sag and make you look much older than you are.
The team of restorative professionals at Moundbuilders General Dentistry wants to give you your smile back and not let you suffer the consequences of missing teeth any longer. With dental implants, you can restore your smile and have implants that look and feel just like your other natural teeth.
Even better, no one will ever know that you had them done.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are replacement teeth that come in the form of metal posts and frames. These frames are then surgically positioned into your jaw just beneath your gums. Once the mount is in place, your dentist will install a replacement tooth over the mount.
The result is a replacement tooth that is permanent, natural-looking, and does not have any restrictions like other teeth replacement options.
Implants versus Dentures: Which is Better for You?
Dentures used to be the more attractive option for tooth replacement, but then dental implants came along. Implants work differently than dentures, and they are preferred by restorative dental professionals because:
- Stability: Dental implants are very stable. They anchor into your jaw bone and work alongside your permanent teeth. Dentures rest on the gums and are removable.
- Preserving Jawbone: Dentures will not protect your jawbone or prevent further bone loss. Implants fuse to your jawbone naturally, which keeps the bone you have and may promote new growth.
- Chewing is Natural: Dentures slip, and there are some foods patients cannot eat. Dental implants, however, allow you to eat the foods you love without restriction.
- Permanent and Durable: Dental implants are permanently placed, while dentures can warp and require replacement more frequently.
The Types of Dental Implants
Depending on the extent of your tooth loss, you may qualify for a few types of dental implants. During your consultation, your dentist will help decide which type is best for your real bone and aesthetics.
There are three types of dental implants currently being used at Newark, Ohio dentist Moundbuilders General Dentistry:
- Traditional Implants: These can replace single and multiple missing teeth. The replacements are fitted onto each implant, and often the implants are done the same day of extractions.
- All-on-Four Implants: (All on 4) Four implants are placed in an arch to create a full set of replacement teeth. Two are in front, while two are in the back for added strength.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Only your dentist can decide if you are a candidate for dental implants. The procedure is ideal if you:
- Have a missing tooth or multiple teeth from disease, injury, or decay.
- You need a full set of permanent teeth to replace dentures.
- You are tired of your ill-fitting dentures or orthodontics.
- You have bridges you want to be replaced with implants.
- Your mouth requires full reconstruction.
Now is the time to take back your smile and have teeth that look, feel and act like real, natural teeth. The team at Moundbuilders General Dentistry can help you achieve all of that with our dental implants. Meet with us for a consultation to see if you are a candidate and which type of implant we think will work for your type of tooth loss.
Schedule Your Dental Implant Consult Today with Moundbuilders General Dentistry at 740-344-1810 or book an appointment online.